Welcome to the Mississippi Legislative Budget Office website. The Legislative Budget Office (LBO) assists the Joint Legislative Budget Committee (JLBC) in the development of the Legislative Budget Recommendation (LBR) and throughout the annual State budget cycle, as well as provides computer and technical support in the State Capitol.
- NEW! The Legislative Budget Office is hiring for a new Budget Analyst. Please click here for the job posting and requirements.
- The LBO 2023 Legislative Session Budget Summary PDF can be viewed from our Publications page. Revised!
- Links to a number of Prior Year "Budget Book" PDFs have been added to the Archive Publications page.
- The JLBC's FY 2024 Budget Recommendation Report ("Budget Book") PDF can be viewed from our Publications page.
- The Joint Legislative Budget Committee's FY2024 Legislative Budget Recommendations (LBR) ("Memorandum") PDF can be viewed from our Publications page.
The Fall 2022 Joint Legislative Budget Committee FY 2024 meetings:
⚬ Public Adoption of JLBC Recommendation - Tuesday, Dec. 6, 2022 Video
⚬ Review of LBO Budget Recommendations (LBR) and Adoption of the FY 2024
Revenue Estimate - Wednesday, Nov. 9, 2022 Video
⚬ State Agency Budget Hearing - Wed., Sept. 21, 2022 Video
- State Agency FY 2024 Budget Requests that have been Approved by LBO can be viewed on our Budget Request System page.
- The JLBC's FY 2023 Legislative Appropriations Bulletin PDF can be viewed from our Publications page.